Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cool artists and crappy comedians


My wife is a financial advisor at RMCAD (Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design) where she helps young artists secure funding to continue their work. She does a good job and her students are very grateful. One even painted Jess's portrait.

This amazing gesture has given me an idea. I am beginning a contest on my blog. Everyone is invited to draw a picture of me and the best one will be posted on my blog and that person will receive eternal happiness and most likely be remembered for generations.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Colorado Avalanche have signed Peter Forsberg again! This is great news. While most people don't know this, Petey and I go way back. Below is a picture of him at my fifth birthday party. We grew up playing hockey together on the frozen ponds of Sweden. While he is well remembered for his showing in the 1992 olympics, it is actually me who was immortalized on the postage stamp. It'll be good to have him back in town.












---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nader is running again. Dammit.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Before science, we humans had dominion over Earth, the center of the universe. Now we're just a bunch of hairless apes on a wet rock orbiting a minor star in a marginal galaxy" -Sarah Silverman


Let's be clear, I don't care for Sarah Silverman and her show would be better if she weren't in it but I like this quote and the Jesus magnets in the picture. Dress up Jebus. Also, science hates you.

No comments: