Wednesday, December 3, 2008





Long time no bloggy. I went to Basel Switzerland in October and had a blast. I presented a poster on the role of the alternative pathway of complement in Rheumatoid Arthritis at the International Complement Workshop. Pretty much all of Basel looks like this (I should know, I got lost and walked around the town for upwards of eight hours during two of the days). Some of the best Turkish food can be purchased in Basel.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent out all of my applications for graduate schools. That was stressful. I have my fingers crossed for Harvard and UNC and Duke. I can't help but letting the school's mascots impact my feelings. Did you know that the mascot for Stanford is a tree? A tree?!?



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My parents in law came into town and Jess and I took them to Glenwood Springs. The premise is that this place is a natural mineral hot spring. A tacky tourist trap has sprung up around the pools where any manner of crystal bracelet or colorful rock can be purchased on the cheap. It was chilly when we were there but the springs were around 105 deg F leading to a really interesting fog that lingered above the water. Every once in awhile, a fat lady would emerge from a wall of fog and you could gain a brief appreciation for why so many manatees get hit on foggy days.





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to see University of Wisconsin Badgers blow it in a game against the University of Denver. It was a super high scoring game and DU ended up winning something crazy like 7 to 6. A kid that I coached when he was a Squirt is a freshman for DU now. Luke Salazar. I feel most responsible for his success as a college athlete and I just know that 10% of his NHL salary will be more than enough reward.

No comments: